Friday, December 27, 2013

How to: Create Your Own Wrapping Paper


Creating your own wrapping paper is so easy, you really don't need a how to... but since I love reading these on other blogs I decided to write one anyway to show you how I made my own wrapping paper this Christmas :) 

So here we go!

Step 1: Supplies


Here's what your need:
  • Scissors
  • Stamps & ink
  • Wrapping paper
  • Optional: labels & piece of string

Regarding the wrapping paper: I think plain brown paper is the best base, so I initially was looking for some sort of kraft paper. I eventually found this red/brown wrapping paper, which is perfect. Just make sure the surface of the paper is not too shiny, otherwise the ink might smudge.

Step 2: Stamps


Now pick some of your favorite stamps! I chose (from left to right): 

For those interested from the Netherlands: I got most of my stamps from the lovely webshop Buiten de Lijntjes

Step 3: Creating the pattern


Cut a piece of paper the size you need for your present, and just stamp rows and rows as shown here to create a pattern. 




And there you have it: your very own wrapping paper :)


Looks cute right? :)



I always love adding a piece of string...



... or a customized label!



I really loved the result :)



I loved it so much I added two rolls of wrapping paper with the gifts :)


So there you have it! Creating your own wrapping paper is super easy, yet really adds something extra and personal to your gifts. 


Hope you enjoyed this little 'How to' and maybe even feel a bit inspired to try this out yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment